Adam G. Russell
Adam G. Russell
Adam G. Russell focuses his broad practice on litigating civil matters, including personal injury, business and employment-related disputes. Mr. Russell has tried numerous jury and bench trials in both state and federal courts throughout East Tennessee. His practice areas include Personal Injury, Insurance and Employment Litigation. He is a dedicated, hard-working trial lawyer who places great importance on the relationships he builds with his clients. He takes the time to really understand his clients' needs and legal goals and can assist clients with virtually any legal dispute or transaction they face. Mr. Russell strives to respond to his clients' requests and questions promptly.
Before joining Kramer Rayson LLP, Mr. Russell worked for a large regional defense firm where he defended both large and small companies in the areas of premises liability and workers' compensation.
His Personal Injury and Insurance Litigation practice includes representing both plaintiffs and defendants in all areas of civil litigation. Mr. Russell manages all phases of the litigation process from initial investigation, discovery, pre-trial motions, trial and appeal.
His Employment Litigation practice includes counseling employers and employees in all aspects of the employment relationship, from hiring through termination. Specifically, Mr. Russell counsels employers with regards to allegations of retaliation, harassment, discrimination, wrongful termination, and other violations of state and federal laws.
Mr. Russell also represents employees who have been wrongfully discharged and subjected to illegal workplace harassment or discrimination. Representing both employers and employees has made Mr. Russell an outstanding advocate for his clients by giving him the ability to foresee and quickly address issues that arise on both sides of the case.
Areas of Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Tennessee, 2008
- U.S. District Court Eastern District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court Middle District of Tennessee
- Cumberland School of Law, Samford University, Birmingham, Alabama
- Juris Doctor - 2008
- Honors: Director of the Trial Advocacy Board
- Honors: Member of the Henry Upson Moot Court Board
- Honors: Scholar of Merit awards for Antitrust and Economic Analysis of Law
- Law Journal: American Journal of Trial Advocacy, Senior Associate Editor
- University of Tennessee
- Bachelor of Arts - 2004
- Major: Criminal Justice
- Brock School of Business at Samford University
- Masters in Business Administrations - 2008
- Lawson v. White, 2014 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 20904, 121 Fair Empl. Prac. Cas. (BNA) 1646, 97 Empl. Prac. Dec. (CCH) P45,018 (E.D. Tenn. Feb. 20, 2014)
- Cunningham v. Tenn. Cancer Specialists, PLLC, 957 F. Supp. 2d 899 (E.D. Tenn. 2013)
- Blair v Wyndahm Vacation Ownership, Inc.
Honors and Awards
- Named "Rising Star" for Employment & Labor Attorney by Super Lawyers Magazine 2012-2016
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Knoxville Bar Association
- Knoxville Barristers Young Lawyers Division, Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Cedar Springs Presbyterian Church, Member
- Volunteers as a member of the Knox Leadership Foundation Amachi Program which helps mentor children