The health care industry is one of the most widely regulated industries in the United States. Health care providers are not only subject to the state and federal laws applicable to all businesses, but they must also comply with complex industry specific requirements.
At Kramer Rayson LLP, in Tennessee, we recognize our clients' need to have prompt access to experienced lawyers who can provide sound advice in this dynamic area of law. The attorneys at our firm who practice health care law are Warren L. Gooch, Charles M. Finn, John E. Winters, Shannon Coleman Egle and Bryce E. Fitzgerald.
Our firm currently represents health care systems, community hospitals, physicians, physician groups and specialty care providers in a broad spectrum of matters, including:
- Certificate of Need and licensing issues
- Mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and joint ventures
- HIPAA compliance, Stark and Anti-Kickback matters involving fraud and abuse
- Operational and regulatory matters for hospitals and other facilities
- Physician practice transactions
- Ambulatory surgical centers
- Diagnostic imaging services
- Labor and employment matters
- Contracts for physician services
- General corporate and entity matters
- Compliance program development and counseling
- Third-party payer relations
- Immigration matters
- Tax exemption issues
- Real estate transactions and development
- Business restructuring and reorganization
- Defending health care providers against professional liability claims
Representing Tennessee Hospitals And Other Facilities
Kramer Rayson LLP represents and advises individual hospitals and health care systems in an assortment of transactional and regulatory matters. Our firm has extensive experience in pursuing and objecting to Certificate of Need applications, as well as in obtaining determinations that projects may be undertaken without a Certificate of Need.
Our attorneys also advise hospitals and health care systems in physician recruitment arrangements, tax exempt issues, peer review and credentialing issues. This includes the development of medical staff bylaws as well as employment agreements for physicians and non-physician practitioners.
Additionally, our firm has a broad base of experience in structuring purchases of physician practices, selling hospital divisions and/or departments and overseeing hospital mergers and joint ventures.
Representing Physicians And Practice Management Companies
Kramer Rayson LLP also has substantial experience representing physicians, physician organizations and physician practice management companies in a vast array of matters. These range from corporate practice and regulatory compliance to third-party payer contracting and hospital relationships.
We have represented clients in the purchase and sale of physician practices from and to other medical groups and hospitals. In addition, we regularly assist both clients with physician recruitment arrangements and compensation arrangements to ensure that they are compliant with federal health care law.
Schedule a consultation by calling Kramer Rayson LLP in Knoxville, or Oak Ridge, Tennessee, at 865-525-5134. You can also contact us online.