The Tennessee attorneys at Kramer Rayson LLP engage in a substantial estate planning practice. From drafting wills and trusts to assisting clients with charitable gift planning and business succession planning, our law firm provides the clear legal counsel that clients require to accomplish their long-term goals. We also guide clients through the probate and estate administration process.
The lawyers from our firm who practice estate planning and administration are Wayne R. Kramer, Thomas M. Hale, Jackson G. Kramer, Charles M. Finn, Shannon Coleman Egle, George R. Arrants and Leslie L. Shields. They handle the following types of matters, among others:
- Wills – Designating heirs to receive assets, naming guardians for minor children and stating other wishes
- Trusts – Drafting and executing a wide array of revocable and irrevocable trusts, including life insurance trusts, special needs trusts, charitable trusts, spendthrift trusts, sprinkling trusts and others
- Powers of attorney – Naming a trusted party to make financial decisions or health care decisions on your behalf, should you become incapacitated
- Advance health care directives – Making decisions ahead of time regarding end-of-life care and preferred medical procedures
- Asset protection planning – Retaining as many assets as possible while still remaining eligible for Medicare or Medicaid assistance and other benefits
- Business succession planning – Preparing to transfer a business to the next generation or to a key employee, selling the business or taking other action
- Real estate issues – Selling or partitioning inherited property, determining ownership of disputed property and more
- Probate, estate and trust administration – Filing documentation with the court, taking an inventory of the estate, identifying beneficiaries, resolving creditor claims, completing annual tax returns, distributing assets to heirs and more
- Estate litigation – Resolving will contests and trust disputes involving alleged lack of testamentary capacity, undue influence or other issues
Set up a consultation with one of our lawyers by calling Kramer Rayson LLP at 865-525-5134 or contacting us online. With offices in Knoxville and Oak Ridge, we regularly serve clients throughout the state and beyond.